Lost in the Movies

My new blog, Lost in the Movies, is active. It will focus on contemporary cinema, particularly theatrical new releases, with a film reviewed every Sunday and hopefully a DVD on Wednesday. That's in the future; for now the pace will be much busier so stay tuned during the coming week. As always, The Sun's Not Yellow will serve as the hub for my work there, as well as on The Dancing Image and Wonders in the Dark - both of which are expecting new pieces in the next few days.

The first review at Lost in the Movies, on Avatar, will be up tomorrow.

Here's the introduction.

4 comments:

Just Another Film Buff said...

Another one? How do you ever manage? :)


All the best. I'll be there...

Joel Bocko said...

Thanks, JAFB. We'll see...

If I had a better grasp of this web thing, I might consolidate all the blogs onto one site with different tabs or something. As it is, I don't want to see contemporary reviews overwhelmed by miscellaney, or an in-depth post at Dancing Image interrupted by a series of reviews, or a long-term series bogged down in various announcements. This way I can pace each blog accordingly - keeping things chugging along here, giving myself time to work on bigger things for Dancing Image (and then allow them to linger for longer at the top of the page), hopefully attract those interested in new releases with the new blog.

Different hats for the different personae, so to speak.

What's more, there's a fourth one on the horizon! But that probably will not come through till the fall...

Stephen said...

Good luck with the new blog, MovieMan.

I'm especially looking forward to your Avatar review.

Joel Bocko said...

Thanks, it will be up in 5 1/2 hours. (Which probably means I should go to bed...)